Cyber girls have been highly influential in the last years. They bring in the aesthetics and values of the future into popular culture. Discover the styles, real and virtual, of the girls taking mainstream culture by storm.
First and foremost, Lil Miquela, a 19 year old model and musician based in LA. Her posts range from high-end fashion modeling to personal pics of her hanging with her CGI friends @blawko22 and @bermudaisbae. If you’re into virtual drama and the future of fashion, she’s a must follow.
Her current style: casual streetwear
Sheidlina is a model and visual artist exploring the boundary between the cute and the surreal. Her feed: a sweetly innocent girl collecting severed ears on the beach… a cyborg peeling its own face off. Definitely worth following ✅
Her current style: pastel-cyber-core, kawaii, glam
Starting with “I’m Poppy” and a series of unsettling and hypnotic short videos in 2015, now Poppy is a pop star singing about the awakening of AI and its bewilderment at the world humans have wrought. It’s a mood.
Her current style: cute, perfect pastels
Ruby Gloom is a digital artist and fashion designer from Hong Kong merging high fashion luxury with a classic cyber aesthetic, producing post-internet clothing adorned with error messages. She creates diverse digital models for her Insta, alongside selfies of her own 90s/00s street x cyber style.
Her current styles: 90s/00s, cyber, kawaii
Beauty goddess Aryuna uses Instagram as an escape hatch from banality, framing alternate potentialities and reflections of herself in the way she uses makeup and angles.
Her current style: glamour, surreal
Next one, Dadeko is a gamer and nerd girl. She loves beauty and experiments with makeup and creating filters as a way of expressing her quirky character.
Her current style: metallic meets cool
Creepyyeha, also known as Yeha Leung, makes custom jewelry and lingerie by hand. Her unique style has gained her devoted followers and a celebrity following that includes the likes of Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Cardi B and FKA twigs.
Her current style: sexy, intense, leather
Me Love Me Alot is a rapper, fashion designer and visual artist. As lead designer at streetwear brand SKOOT and with her rap career taking off, she’s making a big impact on several scenes. Check her out!
Her current style: street meets surreal
A Japanese princess among Harajuku Girls, Kurebayashi is a singer, stylist, Youtuber and model specializing in super kawaii coords and hairstyles.
Her current style: decora, kawaii, harajuku
Grimes, also known as Claire Boucher, is an electronic musician and visual artist, currently dating Elon Musk! Her music videos have always had a cyber style, but she took the look to the next level with her recent release, a message to future artificial intelligences - “We Appreciate Power.”
Her current style: angelic cyber warrior princess
- Browse the curated stories below to find all of your favourite platforms brought...
- German by birth, Parisian by heart— Karl Lagerfeld was probably the most iconic ...
- There are so many cute, cool, and characterful mascots in the meta universe, all...
- Streetwear today is almost unrecognizable compared to how the scene got started....
- Antwerp’s Royal Academy of Fine Arts is widely known for having trained many of ...
- Anime is becoming increasingly prevalent in popular culture, allowing us to cop ...
- Vogue has produced a roundup of the trends to be aware of when assembling a ward...
- Women are stronger than ever. Clothing needs to keep up. These days women need g...
- From its humble origins of football boots handmade in the Dassler family laundry...